As many will know, I am currently undertaking a review of the accessibility of the core jQuery UI widgets. Last week I wrote an article jQuery UI accessibility review: what's the plan?. In that post I outlined my plan for the review. Reviews of several widgets have already been performed, the informal notes can be found in the comments to the article.
This is the first of several status updates. Please find below a list of jQuery UI bugs that I have opened based on results of the review.
- #7840 (Autocomplete: popup results not read by screen-readers)
- #7841 (Button: checkboxes accessibility)
- #7843 (Button: toolbar accessibility)
- #7844 (Button: split button accessibility)
- #7842 (Tooltip: accessibility)
- #7845 (Tabs: default accessibility)
- #7846 (Tabs: open on mouseover accessibility)
- #7847 (Tabs: simple manipulation accessibility)
- #7848 (Spinner: accessibility)
- #7849 (Slider: accessibility)
Thanks to all who have helped and contributed to this review in any way. Ensuring that jQuery UI core widgets are accessible will do wonders to improve the accessibility of much of the web.