DateTuesday, August 10, 2010
I will be presenting a webinar on Accessibility and Planning for an Accessible Website with Mike Gifford from OpenConcept Consulting on August 10, 2010.
This webinar is being hosted by Citizens with Disabilities - Ontario (CWDO).
What is an accessible website? What role do they play in business today? Why is it beneficial for your company or organization to have one? Who benefits
from an accessible website?
This webinar will show you how to develop your website, covering the following:
What type of site is right for your organization?
* Development: functions and features.
* Design: visually appealing colours, graphics, usability and accessibility
* Content: Creating from scratch or migration from an existing system
* Hosting: Where the site will live, costs and future updates
What does it mean for a site to be accessible?
* What is accessibility and who benefits
* Standards and guidelines for ensuring a site is accessible
* AODA, WCAG, ATAG
* How to assess if your development firm understands and can implement an accessible design